-->

Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Star-Seeker

Finally, an actual sneakpeek at my Graduate Collection to be debuted this Friday on November 18th 2011! This has been a long time coming and to see my dress in a photoshoot seems to drive it home for me.

This is the villainess from my 'Stardusted Opera'. She's loosely based on Lamia from Stardust, crafted on the archetypal Witch who is both beautiful and terrible. My talented friend Lilly Higgs is responsible for all of my illustrations, but you only get to see this one for now!


The gown is made of heavy materials to give her a very grounded, earthly feeling. The top is a bottle green stretch velvet and the bottom is a non-stretch Mikado velvet. The beautiful embroidery is exquisite Anthea Crawford trim, which matches the swirling green burnt polyester print. 

Her hooded jacket is made of Mikado velvet and black silk-satin, lined with chartreuse silk-satin.


I seek a Fallen Star by ~warui-chan on deviantART


I Will Not Fail by ~warui-chan on deviantART


Youth. Beauty. by ~warui-chan on deviantART

Makeup Closeup
(click for bigger)

Makeup used:
-Archetype Cosmetics 'Salummbo' mineral eyeshadow
-Illamasqua Sophie Pencil
-Illamasqua 'Incubus' eyeshadow
-Illamsqua 'Furore' Pure Pigment
-MAC Studio Fix foundation
-MAC 'Lagoon Blue' eyeshadow
-MAC Fluidline liquid liner
-Nature Republic Lipstain
-Too Faced 'Sun Bunny' bronzer
-Urban Decay Primer Potion
-Urban Decay Naked palette

There's just something so exciting about seeing my work in a photoshoot- it's like capturing finality and telling you you've achieved something and 'here, look at it, it's done!'

Many many MANY thanks to Elias Lopez for his wonderful photography, and Lisa Blackcrane for being my badass model and thank YOU for reading!

-Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment